Resident wandering and absconding is a major problem in the modern aged care environment. With more residents suffering from different levels of dementia it has become important to maintain a safe environment that is homelike yet secure. Residents with dementia can become easily confused and disorientated if they leave the confines of the facility; therefore access control has become far more important in aged care than ever before.
Although resident security is paramount, staff safety and efficiency is also key to the continued operations of any aged care facility. iNet Computers has a long history in providing the consultation required to best using today's technology, and it is with this knowledge that we can supply and install the correct system to meet your operational requirements.
- Keypad or proximity card door control.
- Alarms if the door is open too long.
- Network reporting of door access
- Software control of users cards or pin numbers.
- Integration with fire systems so that doors release on fire alarm.
- Battery backup for extra security.
iNet Computers can install an access control system as simple as a single door or gate secured by a pin pad or proximity card reader to restrict access to authorised users.
We can also provide large enterprise systems that encompass multiple sites across different cities and states that function as one system. These systems are vital for the security of Multi National and interstate companies, controlling access of thousands of staff through hundreds of doors, multiple lift cars and many gates.
iNet computers access control systems can be fitted with many forms of access control devices including:
- Proximity card readers
- Wireless key fob style remote control buttons
- High speed readers that recognise a “Puk” style device fitted to vehicles that regularly require automated access though electrically operated gates.
- Biometric readers
- PIN code pads
These sophisticated access control systems can also be linked to your IT network to allow you to review the systems history, and track a person’s access throughout a building. This same software can also control card issue and photo ID onto any cards if required.